Solution: Autonomous driving
Automated / autonomous and connected driving
The success factor for autonomous, automated and connected driving is safety.
TÜV AUSTRIA solves your open questions on safety by merging our core competences:
- IT Security
- Functional safety
- Safety of the intended function (SOTIF)
- Test environment: vehicle – connected road
Services for automated and connected land vehicles
Starting from automotive services in the area of the
- Type approval and homologation of vehicles and components
- EMC testing of vehicles and components
- Testing of electronic components
- IT Security
- Safety Engineering
TÜV AUSTRIA offers for automated and connected land vehicles
- Testing, inspection and registration services of vehicles, test tracks and corresponding infrastructure as a partner of development departments
- Expert services for insurance companies and fleet companies
- Expert services for the public sector, legislators and interest groups
Core competencies for automated and connected driving
ISO 21434: Road Vehicles – Cyber Security
Holistic IT security solutions use information and computing capacities of vehicles, transport infrastructure and cloud services to ensure the best possible resilience against cyber attacks.
Multi-layer security architectures and test concepts for the entire product life cycle are key topics.
ISO 26262: Road Vehicles – Functional Safety
We support our customers in the concept phase and in product development with hazard and risk analysis, the formulation of safety targets and the creation of functional and technical safety concepts.
Answers to questions in the area of fail-operational systems and verification and validation concepts are important components for automated driving.
ISO PAS 21448: Road Vehicles – Safety of the Intended Functionality (SOTIF)
For an inherently safe system, the target function of vehicle parts, components and systems and protection against misuse is crucial. Crucial here are questions about the limits of the system, effects of the system outside its limits, the selection of appropriate verification and validation measures, and clear and unambiguous usability of the system by the driver.
As in all technical areas, TÜV AUSTRIA accompanies the ongoing development with analyses of scenarios and situations for the release of automated and connected driving functions.