Solution: Phased Array – PA
About Phased Array inspection
In which region do you need this solution?
TÜV AUSTRIA BELGIUM NV
TÜV AUSTRIA | Belgium
In contrast to conventional single-transducer inspection technology, phased array inspection offers a wider range of applications due to the free design of sound fields. Linear and sector scans allow a high degree of automation.
Phased array inspection places high demands on the education and training of inspection personnel. In the run-up to your projects, our engineers and technicians simulate the sound path in order to determine optimized setups for the inspection.
Advantages of Phased Array inspections
- Inspection with multiple beam angles during sector scan (efficiency and reliability of findings)
- high volume coverage, with limited geometry of the test object
- In advance, the ultrasonic trajectories are simulated in order to determine the optimal inspection technique.
- Same results as with radiographic inspection but: increased testing speed
- no complex radiation protection measures
- Wall thickness range up to 300mm normatively testable without the cost-intensive use of a linear accelerator