Solution: Hygiene testing for bedpan disinfection
- Rehabilitation centres
- Nursing homes
- Medical practices
- Outpatient clinics
- Health spas
- Physical institutes
- X-ray, MR, CT institutes
Legal & normative bases
- Medical Devices Act, MPG
- Medical Device Operator Ordinance, MPBV
- ÖNORM EN ISO 15883-1
- ÖNORM EN ISO 15883-3
Procedure of the examination
We will be happy to provide you with a quotation for the services you require. After your order confirmation, a test technician will contact you to arrange an individual appointment.
Our test technicians perform the hygiene testing on site, taking into account the daily processes.
Depending on the scope, you will be informed about the results on a regular basis or after completion of the tests – you can arrange this with the test technicians if you wish.
We mark the inspected devices and systems with an inspection sticker on which you can quickly and clearly see the date of the next inspection.
The documentation is delivered in a format of your choice: Paper report, PDF and in digital form as a data import file for your FM software.
We support you with proposed solutions to remedy any deficiencies that are identified.
Medizintechnik / Krankenhaustechnik - TÜV AUSTRIA Group
Hygiene and thermal disinfection
To reduce the spread and transmission of pathogens,
bacteria, and germs in healthcare facilities to a minimum,
hygiene is of utmost importance in modern healthcare.
In hospitals, rehabilitation centers, outpatient clinics,
and nursing homes, countless bedpans (body bowls) are
disinfected and prepared for safe reuse. For bedpans, the
principle of thermal disinfection is used.
Health authorities require regular examination to ensure
proper functioning of the bedpans and thus minimize the
risk of unwanted disease transmission.
TÜV AUSTRIA fulfills this requirement by inspecting
the function of your bedpans at regular intervals using
the most modern equipment to ensure the required
- Benefit from our decades of experience in the field of medical technology, the high level of expertise of our staff and our collaboration on norms and standards.
- We are objective, have no close or dependent relationship with industry, trade or authorities and are not bound by instructions in our assessment.
- Thanks to our many years of experience in the health sector, we know the procedures and can therefore carry out the inspections at your premises as quickly and trouble-free as possible.
- Save time and money by having many different groups of equipment inspected by one company – all from one source!
- Our internationally recognised tests and test reports are based on quality-assured checklists. This gives you legal certainty and saves you time and effort.
- The measuring and testing equipment we use is modern, regularly calibrated and replaced with the latest equipment.
- The nationwide distribution of our offices in Austria helps you to save travel costs.
- According to the Medical Device Operator Ordinance, safety inspections may only be carried out by suitable persons and bodies. TÜV AUSTRIA Medizintechnik is an accredited inspection body for medical devices and thus demonstrably authorised to do so.